Tuesday, November 8, 2011

genius tunes from a genius band

Sometime recently I was wasting time watching the tube and came across the band Phoenix playing an unplugged show. A French indie rock band originally from Versailles, my brother first introduced me to them back in 2000 when they came out with "United", a killer album that had that all the right hints of a throwback sound laced with fun new layers of sound. They would become huge in the world of hipsters and mainstream radio alike and as far as I'm concerned power to them. I definitely hope these guys are around making music together for a long time. But I admit some of their more recent albums I am not nearly as familiar with so coming across this show was a great find. Here are two extremely catchy tunes that I have been loving since: "1901" off Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix and "Long Distance Call" off It's Never Been Like That.
...and of course huge thanks to KCRW and StepOutAgain for sharing! Enjoy,



Phoenix perform "1901", from their new album "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix", live on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic. 06.29.09


Phoenix perform "Long Distance Call", from their album "It's Never Been Like That", live on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic. 06.29.09

No comments: