Wednesday, September 19, 2012

day on the Sound

 This morning well before dawn I headed north to Connecticut for the day.  The mission: to enjoy a "Quick Trip" up to Imperial Nurseries in Granby for a day of great lectures, tours, and excellent networking.  My coworker and I took the ferry from Port Jefferson across Long Island Sound up to Bridgeport, CT.  I climbed to the top deck about the time of sunrise, this morning hidden behind fabulous clouds, and was the only one aboard the entire deck. 
 It was a fantastic start to the day, so you knew it was going to be a good one.
And it was.  Fun and inspiring, definitely what Mary and I needed. After our day jaunt in New England we caught a 4:30 back to Long Island.  We lucked out with such a beautiful day to travel around.

 The day was sunrise to sunset but it felt so great to get out of town and get a breath of fresh air.
(I was all about the Fire Station)

No comments: