Monday, November 17, 2008

jealousy (aka tree envy)

A cousin of mine is in his first year out at Humboldt State University and recently sent this pic along from a trip to Redwood National Park. I can't even begin to describe how instantly jealous this made me. Even though I lived on the west coast for a portion of time from 1999 to 2000 and was among these brilliant redwood trees it would be many years later before I would become such an arborifile (?) with dreams of being among these giants. Ah, well, someday I'll get back there.

1 comment:

M. D. Vaden of Oregon said...

Ask your brother if that redwood tree is where two trails meet at Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park. It looks familiar.

If you like redwood photos, check this page out:

Largest Known Coast Redwoods

Larger images are in the albums. Try out the slide menu too.

Cheers,

MDV