Friday, April 16, 2010

a quick plug for subway reading

I have always loved National Geographic magazines. Their imagery and portrayal of the world around us never ceases to amaze me, not to mention their influence on me as an anthropologist and artist. This is one of the latest issues, from April, 2010. The whole issue is devoted to the discussion of water and it's role in the world and in our lives. I admit I am not much of a reader but the written pieces and photos were really eye opening, intense and thought provoking. I don't care what side of the political spectrum you are on, whether you drink coffee or tea or whatever. If you think that the human existence isn't drastically changing this world and it's environment in ways we can't even fully understand then I am sorry to say you are a fool. So if you are looking for a new read for the subway or the bus ride, pick up one of these and check it out.

No comments: