Saturday, March 10, 2012

best lunch spot in the world

I left my morning meeting and seemingly my day was done. I didn't really know what to do with myself so I put the car in drive and drove. As if on auto-pilot I would land down at Indian Wells, our grounding point during all of this home-buying and job-changing madness. It was windy but the surf was nearly flat except for these little peelers that would come in.
I texted my best friend from growing up that we were buying a house down the road from him and that I would be going back to work in Amagansett. His reply was short but all too poignant, "Yea, going back to your roots!" The smile was instantaneous because he was so right. As I took one last salty breath before getting back into the car and racing back to my beloved I concurred silently. Back to the best lunch spot in the world.

No comments: