Sunday, March 4, 2012

one of the things I will miss...

We get to watch some of the best sunsets over New York City every evening from our place in Astoria, definitely one of the things I will miss when we no longer live in town. There's a lot of that recently, realizing what we will miss and not miss about city life. I will miss my friends and mentors in Central Park, the best volunteers in the world, all my horticultural connections around town, and the invaluable people watching that NYC offers, though I have to say I don't think I'll miss the packed mass transit and steamy concrete jungle soon to be back in effect. It will be hard to go, in part, but we know we will return to get that shot in the arm when we are getting a bit too stir crazy in the country. I imagine once you have lived in a place like New York City a little part of it will always be in you.

No comments: