Saturday, July 19, 2008

Bamboo

Bambusa vulgaris 'Vittata' photographed down at the American Orchid Society in Delray, FL, in January of 2008. Photo credit: aef08

Recently I was approached via my flickr account by an individual writing a piece on bamboo and the significance of their flowers in India. They liked the above photograph that I took in January and asked if I would add it to a slideshow attached to her article. I agreed, as have many other photographers, and the slideshow is pretty great looking. Always interested in the subject of ethnobotany, while knowing very little about the subject as it relates to India, I found Nahai's article to be very interesting and insightful. Therefore I thought I would add a link so you can check it out. The title alone might draw you in - A flower that bears seeds of doom? Oooh ah!

No comments: