Thursday, July 3, 2008

driving east Thursday night

When we head out to my hometown I'm usually so antsy that we blow right through Manorville before getting on Montauk Highway. This trip, however, a coffee sounded much too necessary to pass up. Picked the 12-ounce, let's not get too crazy, pilgrim, it's getting late. Marveled at the "new" flavors of non-dairy creamer. I might have winced. Then, something I had never seen before. "Caffeine Shots", the hand-printed label read - all caps.

What?!?

I took one back to the car with me to show Krissy and make sure I wasn't hallucinating. I wasn't. This thing is real. Whoa. I'm not putting that in my body, thanks.

I think it might have been the warning label that I thought most genius. For those of you that don't feel like turning your computer upside down, it reads "Not for those under 18, pregnant, or caffeine sensitive".

Laugh amongst yourselves.

No comments: