Friday, July 29, 2011

Official: I love this album, you should too!


Work has been a battle this week. Serious back pain, arms full of poison ivy, the 3:30 wake-up, and unfortunately I just wasn't strong enough. But I trudged through as we do, those of us that know that failure is not an option. Like you I worked through the pain, raced to those deadlines and made them by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin. My new boss granted me a much needed vacation day, himself all to strained as well, and I couldn't be more thankful. For whatever reason, or all the ones posted above, it has been tough this week. I am truly fatigued, inside and out. But one glimpse of light through this dreary pre-dawn haze, one little source of salvation came to me not in the form of a pill but rather a taste for the ears.

As previously discussed, Laura Stevenson and the Cans are a major new fave. Her voice is from the heavens, their music has groove and beat and so many wonderful levels. "A Record" is actually the precursor to "Sit Resist" which I talked about a few months ago, ("A Record" was released in April of 2010 and "Sit Resist" came out in April of the next year). Heading home after getting approval to rest the body and get out of this city for an extra day the song "Nervous Rex" came on the shuffle and damn near saved my life. I am going to listen to this album a lot this weekend. It's slow and steady and wins the race and sets the pace I need to go for a few days. Give it a whirl and treat yourself to some sensational new tunes.



Hopefully this video was posted legitimately and I'm not pissing off Laura, her band, or their label. ...so damn beautiful, thanks to all who contributed!

No comments: