Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Rozanne and Dusty Miller

I realized I haven't posted pics of the new garden yet.  It's coming together, what with limited budget and lack of free time.  This is a combination I quickly fell in love with.  The perennial Geranium 'Rozanne' will stay low and spread far and wide with it's wonderful little blue-purple flowers, a perfect edging plant for the new foundation planting.  The dusty miller (Artemisia stelleriana) is the fabulous silver foliage in the background that only thrives in my lousy, sandy soil.

To have my own garden after thirteen years in the industry I am beside myself, as you might imagine.  So don't worry, plenty of more pics from the home garden will follow.  For me it's about process, the adventure and what you learn from it that makes you a different person than you were before.  Of course that being said I want the garden to be better and bigger and faster growing already.  I suppose one of the reasons I love horticulture so is because it teaches me about patience.  I am always quick to remind people that "time takes time", and I see now how much I need to listen to my own advice.  The challenge will be to post the imperfect pics since I've only become more of a perfectionist.  But we'll get there.

No comments: