Saturday, April 26, 2008

Epiphyllum 'Eternity'

Waking up this morning I'm revisiting photographs I took at Wave Hill on Wednesday. I went up for a walk and talk with Wave Hill's director of horticulture and I got up there early to see what was in bloom around the 28-acre estate turned public garden. I took close to 100 photographs, which I am finally going through today. Not to mention I have come to befriend a bunch of the horticulture staff up there. One gardener, a new friend and fellow alum of NYBG, told me I had to check out the Epiphyllum in bloom in the succulent house. I returned to the little glasshouse full of amazing creations and was nearly knocked over when I saw this guy. I'd say the flower was comfortably 5" wide and at least as long. Enjoy.


On the turntable: The Shins, Oh Inverted World

1 comment:

EpiForums said...

Gorgeous photo! Too bad I won't be able to get up to Wave Hill in time to see this in bloom. Most blooms don't last more than 3-5 days.